THE WORLD IS ABUNDANT
BYE THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN
I have a dream where you’re laid out outside
of a gas station, the asphalt is so cold, so rough
on your silky spine.
There is a hole in your chest and I am trying to fill it
with my hands, but they are so small.
You always loved them for that, but now
here you are, dying, and my hands are too small
to fix the broken dam.
My hands are growing soggy from being drenched
in blood, my fingers are slowly breaking off
and there isn’t anything else I can do.
I have a dream where you’re dying and I wake up
and you’re still dead.
You are a belly ache trying to rip my insides out
of me, a fever swallowing me whole,
the empty space in the back of my mouth
where the tooth is never going to grow back.
Keep telling me that you weren’t afraid.
Keep telling me that you’re okay wherever you are,
that when it rains it’s not because you are still
Your heart stops and trees are falling around us,
the world is bursting in flames,
your mother is screaming like lightning bolts
striking and I
have never heard a heavier silence
than this moment.
1. If you don’t like the way he kisses you, you won’t like the way he fucks you. Get up and leave.
2. If he won’t go down on you, but expects you to go down on him, laugh. Get up and leave.
3. If you don’t want to do something and he doesn’t respect that, slap him round the face. Get up and leave.
4. If he isn’t okay with the imperfections on your skin, if he says they turn him off, get up and leave.
5. If you don’t want to shave your legs and he thinks that’s disgusting and refuses to touch them, get up and leave.
6. If he doesn’t see your body as a masterpiece, as a complete work of art, get up and leave.
7. If he makes you feel uncomfortable about any part of your body, get up and leave."
While there is a lot of appropriate rage about Ferguson right now, the killing of John Crawford III is getting less attention than it deserves. I put Shaun King’s tweets and history lesson on the matter in chronological order for easier consumption.
You really should be following Shaun King on Twitter.
oh god i tried to explain i’d’ve and y’all’d’ve to a friend who is a korean exchange student and she just kind of stared at me in horror for a minute lmao
treat other ladies like leslie knope treats ann perkins